Ten Things I’ve Learned in the Past Two Years
-Hey if you’re not John it’s okay. Read On! Just wanted to make sure, you know-
- Remain Teachable
- I’ve discovered Ouija and Talking Boards on television shows, and they’re especially prominent in the 1950’s and early 60’s. Yes, I was looking for them. An upcoming post on Ouija Mistress will be filled with new and old info..
- This one ties into the above. Nice. Okay, my normal working/waking hours are, uh, naps a lot. Am awake all night to watch Boris Karloff’s Thriller, Alfred Hitchcock Presents and The Twilight Zone. Hope you’re sitting down. Both Russel Johnson (Professor on Gilligan’s Island) and William Shatner (did an album with Ben Folds, Star Trek) CAN act. Jesus in a sidecar eh? I’d like to specialize in pop culture use of talking boards. What do you think, oh great and wonderful Ouija History Guru Mr. Murch?
- I lost the will, and burning need, to write two years ago. I only recently noticed it occurred at the same time that my ability to play the piano was crushed. I still have a 3/4 concert grand 1928 Knabe for sale in Reno. Make me an offer. Or, go by and play it on your way to Burning Man this year!
- Since I can no longer make or write music I must find a new life and am ready to start over. I was thinking astronaut. Or maybe a fireman -toothy grin-
- Hold and Hug and tell the people in your life that you love them. Do it. NOW DAMMIT!
My 80 year old mother became (more of) a raging warden than usual. She had lost 25 pounds in a month then had a stent put in. After being home for 2 weeks she was worse. Hardly moving, any conversation agitated her, and one morning I found her dazed on her bathroom floor. She was to see her doc to check on the stent later that same day. She was gray. She gave up on talking and moving.I called 911, thinking she was stroking out. It’s a family specialty. While on the phone my 85 year old staggering, rather smelly, slowing going into lala land mentally, stepfather began to YELL. GET OFF THE PHONE She has a doctors appointment in 2 hours!! He was pissed. I told 911 dispatch nevermind and hung up.
Then I looked at my mom and realized I had been arguing about her life with a fucking demented person. Called 911 back. Mom was taken by ambulance to the hospital. Again, she was having a heart attack. A second stent was implanted. Scary and sad. I made some phone calls later that day to reach out and check in. My best friend from college, Tom Smith in New Jersey, died recently. He was my age and a special and dear friend from school.. I couldn’t attend the memorial service. Tom had me watching Doctor Who in 1978.
- Been absent from FaceBook.and I like it -singing-.
Pretty much altogether. Guess What? I don’t fucking miss it at all! The ONLY reason to log on is to check in with my Talking Board and Ouija peeps group and the Blew Crew; the Transverse Myelitis group. Piss off FB. Pretty much altogether. Stresses me the hell out. Call me.
- The CDC is beginning their version of Sherman’s March through Georgia. Starting in the next couple of months everyone in this county on pain meds, EXCEPT cancer patients, are going to be screwed getting their pain meds, There will be phone calls, hold ups on refills,..gonna get ugly out there. If you or anyone you know are in chronic pain start googling. Gotta dig my Pain Management Doc He handed me the CDC statement to take home and read.
The government is trying to frighten the public about a non-existent drug problem. Again, oy. How can opiates be over-prescribed when I (and everyone else on an opioid) has to pee in a cup every month? This verifies taking the amount prescribed (Checking dosage is correctly ingested and there are no street drugs. If a patient tests ‘dirty’ 3x the DEA can pull an MDs license. This is my 2nd pain management doc, and in a different state than the first. No reputable doc is going to risk his license. Oh, and I heard a news anchor call oxycodone Hillbilly Heroin. EEEdiots. Hillbilly Heroin was made with oxycontin. The latter has been re-made as an uncrushable tablet so no more Hillbilly for the meth and heroin crowd. I do know that the VA prescribes opiates to soldiers with PTSD. WTF?! Talk about misuse. Pain meds for a psych problem?
Just now the pharmacy only sent 2/3 of my fentanyl patches because he changed the prescription to every 2 days from every 3 days. Insurance company caught it. I have to call my doc, so he can call the insurance company and get an override. MAJOR FUBAR. I can hardly wait for the first law suits from people in horrible pain but cancer-free…and unable to obtain relief. My fentanyl was increased because it stops working close to 20 hours before it should. I’ve been waking up screaming or in tears and crying, from the pain,the night before it’s due. That’s twice a week. I don’t sleep the other nights because I’m afraid it’s gonna happen. We Are Warned. Write your congressman. Please. I believe that since cannabis is becoming legal that the government has to find something else drug-wise to frighten us all.
- VICELAND is the best television channel that’s hit the airwaves in, well maybe ever. Check it out. You’ll learn important and underreported news. You’ll laugh your ass off as well. Not good if you’re easily offended. Well, shit you wouldn’t be reading this easily offensive blog then would ya?
- I’m going to the Burn with The Demon Seed (my daughter, aka ~C) no matter what. ‘Cause I can can can can can!! I DO have insane (in the membrane insane in the brain) family and I miss them. I am leaving an art and mix-tape art piece to place in the Temple for Tom Smith. I’m crying now. Had no idea how much I cared for him. Don’t even know how to get ahold of his partner. Jerry. Yeah Tom and Jerry, it gets better. Jerry is their local parish priest lmfao. They were together close to 30 years
- Remember: One Love.
- People need human touch. When it’s gone it will break you. Smile at strangers today. Hug your kids Tight, even if the little bastards are covered with mud. Call your parents, if they’re still with us. I don’t know exactly where my father is buried. There was no hugging or emotional display in our family growing up. Dad’s at the Military Cemetery in Riverside. I miss him every day. The important thing is I keep him, and Tom, and other friends and family who have passed close to my tiny Black heart. A touch can sometimes be special words. Treasure them.
- I’m still alive because there’s more to do! Besides being the funniest person you’ll ever fuckin’ meet, of course. The whole fireman thing may not work out, but I’ve got ideas. No money to implement them, but ideas. Ain’t it always the way. I can even volunteer. Bad pain days will see this wacky wench in bed, but good days I can play with kitties, maybe get a kind of intern job at the local dispensary. There’s never too much to learn, and herbal medicine and natural cures are always the best for a A little more chemistry education, a screen test, submit a script. Lemme know kids.I want to travel, and someday dance again. It could happen, most likely at Burning Man where there’s magic, moonlight (and cannabis smoke) in the air.
Lemme know kids
Okay 13 for the price of 10. Sasha Deal!
Life isn’t over when the shit times come. You just work through the mire hour by hour. There’s a lot of 12 Step ideas that can be incorporated in any unexpected clusterfuck. Thanks Dr. Bob. Okay you too my friend Bill. So, I’ll leave you with the Absolute Coolest Thing I’ve Learned in the last Half Century… Take my hand…
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/U9b5vybKA_E?list=PL9908CB8ABCFD3175″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Currently Listening: Rotundi
Album: Play On
p.s. I was a punk before you were a punk (name that band Buzz Guapo, despite my love of all music 😉 Tune in next week for the Buzzcocks